Computer program for calculating and dimensioning installation frames in tractor units
The program runs on all IBM-compatible MS-DOS computers that are running MS Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10, 32 bit or 64 bit. Our programs do not run on Windows RT. We recommend that you use a PC with at least 2 GB of RAM and 20 MB of free space on the hard disk. A DVD drive is required to install the program. If you do not have a DVD drive on your computer, you can also obtain the program or programs on a USB memory card for a small supplement (also for updates).
We are not able to provide any guarantee/warranty that the data contained in TrailerWIN/FrameWIN will match the actual weights or dimensions of the vehicles or equipment.
FrameWIN is available in Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Dutch, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish and Spanish. FrameWIN is used in combination with the TrailerWIN program. As soon as you have selected, entered the dimensions and calculated the relevant vehicle in TrailerWIN, the data is copied automatically to FrameWIN when you open FrameWIN.
In the process, a calculation section is placed in the frame segment with the highest bending moment (at the crane fixing point or and the fixing point for the loading gate) and the dynamic and static safety factors for impact resistant and flexible frame designs are calculated. It is not possible to analyse any selected frame section.
FrameWIN can also run without TrailerWIN.
- Fig. 1/9 Example of FrameWIN home screen
- Fig. 2/9 Menu for editing crane data/moments
- Fig. 3/9 Menu for editing liftgate data
- Fig. 4/9 Menu for editing profile in the subframe and vehicle frame
- Fig. 5/9 Menu for editing material of subframe and vehicle frames
- Fig. 6/9 Menu for editing the profile dimensions of the subframe
- Fig. 7/9 Menu for editing the profile dimensions of the vehicle frame
- Fig. 8/9 Menu for editing the safety factors in the FrameWIN basic calculation system
- Fig. 9/9 Menu for changing the technical specs in the FrameWIN calculation system as per European Standard 12999 and European Standard 13001
Vehicle frames from ASTRA, CHEVROLET, DAEWOO, DAF, ERF, FODEN, FORD, FREIGHTLINER, GINAF, HINO, INTERNATIONAL, ISUZU, IVECO, KENWORTH, LIAZ, MACK, MAN, MERCEDES-BENZ, MITSUBISHI, NISSAN, RENAULT, ROMAN, SCANIA, SISU, STERLING, TERBERG, UD, VOLVO U-profile and I-profile are saved in this program with dimensions and material variants. The last vehicle created in TrailerWIN with the corresponding equipment date, e.g. loading crane are automatically copied to the program. It is also possible to enter your own data.
If required, the material and subframe profile (U-profile, square tube, quadratic, rectangular, horizontal/vertical) can also be defined. The program then calculates whether the selected frame combination is adequate. Form-locking and friction-locking connections are calculated for vehicle frames and subframes. Appropriate changes can be made, if the specified dynamic safety factors are not achieved. Some frame profiles can be defined for vehicle frames and subframes.